WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT "THE WALL"!!!
7/11/2012 12:41:00 PM
For me, this Saturday's Roger Waters production of "The Wall" is the culmination of 32 years of being obsessed with the story of Pink! I was lucky enough to see the original Long Island performance by Pink Floyd in February of 1980 at "the Mausoleum" up there. It has remained the top concert I've ever seen throughout the years. It was one of the final shows in the U.S., and I always figured, "Well, that's that!" After RW's departure from the band, the thought never really crossed my mind again, until Roger's tour performances of "The Dark Side Of The Moon." After those shows, there was a "What if?" conversation or two about it.
The 2010 shows, photos of which are posted on my Facebook page, Ray Koob "In The Nighttime," in many ways blew away the original shows. Roger, always one for using the best, most-current technology, expanded the concertgoer's visual experience in unexpected ways, including this old concert war horse. And here we stand, on the front edge of what is most likely his final performance of "The Wall" for Philadelphia on Saturday night! Our city helped inspire the story, most notably, "Comfortably Numb!"
Here's what we're doing to bring it back to as many of you as we can, as well as the crowd heading to the concert:
-Saturday, 3-7PM The MGK Classic Rock Squad is at Xfinity Live for the pre-concert festivities!
-Cyndy Drue will file pre-show reports on Saturday at 4:50 & 5:50PM!!!
-Saturday, 6PM, we will play "The Wall," in its entirety, and uninterrupted starting at 6PM!!!
-That will be followed by my coverage of the show at 7:20! Listen on the way in and out!!!
MGK will be registering people to win an autographed Pink Floyd "The Wall" vinyl album jacket signed by Roger Waters at our XFINITY Live set up from 3p-7p, at our tent outside of Citizen's Bank Park on the First Base side of venue, and at my broadcast site inside CBP between Sectiosn 121 & 122, on the concourse.
Here's some info that you guys have been asking about:
Gates to Citizens Bank Park will open at 7PM
The actual start time for "The Wall" is 8:45PM...SHARP!!! There is no opening act, naturally...
There is a short intermission after "Goodbye Cruel World"
He will perform "The Wall" in its entirety, while building said wall. No other songs. And to answer the encore question. The encore is "Outside The Wall," the final song on the album.
WMGK will broadcast from a great spot on the lower concourse (behind Section 121/122), so those of you not going can listen in on this event. If you're going, stop by to see us!
Additionally, our friends at CBP have sent us the following info to answer your questions:
On the concert date, prior to entering the ballpark, ticketing questions can be answered by personnel at the Citizens Bank Park ticket windows located on the west side of the Ballpark on Citizens Bank Way starting at 10:00 am.
Gates open at 7:00 p.m. Ticket holders are encouraged to enter as early as possible.
Once inside the ballpark, ticket questions can be addressed at the Guest Services Window on the Main Concourse behind Section 123.
Ticket holders that have seating on the playing field must obtain a wristband at one of the kiosks located just inside the entrance gates. Wristbands are required to get onto the playing field.
Customer service questions should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
· The parking lots in the Sports Complex will open starting at noon. Lots will be opened at staggered times. The parking fee is $25 ($50 for oversized vehicles).
· Tailgating is permitted only in parking lots south of Pattison Avenue and/or east of Darien Street (Lots A-G, J-N and P).
· See link below for directions and parking map http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/phi/ballpark/parking.jsp
· All gates will open at 7:00 p.m. (except the Right Field Gate which will remain closed)
· McFadden’s Restaurant at the Ballpark will be open to the public until 6:00 p.m. and will then close for one hour until 7:00 p.m. After 7:00 p.m., a concert ticket for that night’s performance will be required for entry.
· Security stations will be set up at each entrance gate.
· Prohibited items include: video and audio recording devices, professional grade cameras with detachable lenses, weapons of any kind, bags (including backpacks) other than women’s purses, food and beverage, glass items, umbrellas, lights, laser pointers and flashlights. Women’s purses will be searched prior to entry.
· Ballpark staff will NOT be able to hold or check any items for you. If you have any prohibited items, please leave them in your vehicle or they will be discarded. All patrons are subject to a search and/or pat-down before entering the Ballpark.
· There is a no re-entry policy at Citizens Bank Park. Once you leave the ballpark, you may not re-enter.
Guess that's it...if you have any other questions, email me: email@example.com!
All in all...