- @Work Network Members register below for your chance to win a copy of the book THE BEATLES: THE BBC ARCHIVES: 1962-1970
A carefully curated collection of the surviving transcripts of the Beatles’ appearances on BBC Radio and Television, THE BEATLES: THE BBC ARCHIVES: 1962-1970 (Harper Design) features commentary from author and Beatles expert Kevin Howlett and rare photographs and memorabilia from the BBC.
2013 marks the 50 year anniversary of the Beatles debut album in 1963. The book focuses on those fascinating early years – 1962-1970, when BBC radio and TV played crucial roles during the Beatles’ initial breakthrough and subsequent global domination. The BBC was at the core of daily life in the UK. There was little else to listen to or watch.
This is the only book out now to cover this time period, and to do so with a direct partnership with the BBC and full access to their archive:
• It includes carefully selected previously unpublished transcripts from the Beatles interviews at the BBC
• It contains the complete listing of every Beatles BBC appearance/performance
• It lists every song they sang on BBC radio or TV – with photographs of each single by other artists that they covered.
• It is filled with rare archival images and documents from the BBC archive
• Includes a removable folder containing facsimile documents and an original BBC publicity print
• The author, Kevin Howlett is an acknowledged Beatles expert and he is especially knowledgeable about the group’s participation with the BBC. He is an Executive Producer on both Beatles BBC albums: On Air – Live at the BBC Volume 1 (1994) and On Air – Live at the BBC Volume 2 which goes on sale on November 12th. He has written the liner notes for both albums as well.